Focus on high growth end markets
- Continue to focus on the Asian container shipping market, which is expected to benefit strongly from the rebound in consumer demand amid the recovering global economy.
Secure additional long-term, fixed-rate charters and offer competitive charter rates
- Secure our vessels on long-term, fixed-rate charters with a variety of leading charterers with established operating track records, thereby ensuring more stable operating cash flows.
Maintain a high quality vessel fleet
- Maintain a high quality and modern vessel fleet that meets rigorous industry standards.
- Seek to purchase newbuildings directly from shipyards or well-maintained second-hand vessels at opportune times in the industry cycle, attracting and retaining leading container liner shipping companies as customers.
Capitalise on the established reputation and relationships of the Rickmers Group
- Expand existing customer relationships developed by the Rickmers Group as well as identify and acquire new charterers for our vessels when existing charter contracts expire.
- Build on the extensive network of contacts and relationships of the Rickmers Group to identify, negotiate and finance newbuildings and second-hand vessels that we may seek to acquire at opportune times in the industry cycle.
Maintain financial flexibility, a strong balance sheet and access to growth capital
- Create a capital structure aimed at maximising value for our Unitholders while maintaining sufficient flexibility to grow our business.
- Establish and maintain a distribution payout ratio designed to offer investors an attractive yield, while retaining cash flow for fleet replacement and future growth.
- Maintain a strong balance sheet through a conservative use of leverage.
Strategically expand the size of our fleet
- Enhance our fleet by diversifying asset base to acquire vessels that range in size from 3,450 TEU to Post-Panamax vessels, with right of first offer on all Rickmers Group vessels with a capacity of at least 3,450 TEU that have charters of more than one year.
- We will strategically explore viable opportunities at opportune times in the industry cycle.